Hanoi is truly a multi-layered city where periods of foreign occupation are apparent on every corner. We recommend spending three days in Hanoi to truly get a good feel for the city, especially if you’re a first time visitor.
Is 2 days in Hanoi enough?
Two days in Hanoi will definitely give you a chance to visit more attractions in the city without being in a rush of time.
How many days do you need in Halong Bay?
How Long Should I Stay in Halong Bay? Normally, people will need to stay in Halong Bay for 2 days to 3 days either on cruise or a hotel on land.
How can I spend 2 days in Hanoi?
- Day 1. Morning: Visit Hoan Kiem Lake & Ngoc Son Temple. …
- Afternoon: Explore Hanoi Museums, Temples & Colonial Structures. …
- Evening: Enjoy Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine in Old Quarter. …
- Night: Shopping at Hanoi Weekend Night Market. …
- Day 2. …
- Evening: Watch a Traditional Water Puppet Theatre. …
- Night: Bar Hopping around Old Quarter.
How can I spend 3 days in Hanoi?
3 DAY HANOI ITINERARY OVERVIEW
- DAY 1. Indulge in Hanoi’s coffee scene. Explore the Old Quarter. Take a street food tour. Stroll around Hoan Kiem Lake. …
- DAY 2. The Ho Chi Minh Complex. The Thăng Long Imperial Citadel. The Museum of Literature. …
- DAY 3. Take a cooking class. Stroll around West Lake. Enjoy cocktails at a rooftop bar.
Is Hanoi safe at night?
In Hanoi, serious crimes against tourists are extremely rare, but it’s pertinent to exercise some caution. While it’s generally safe to walk around the streets of the Old Quarter at night, it’s best to avoid the darker lanes after around 10pm.
Is Hanoi or Saigon better?
Hanoi is ideal for those looking to experience a more traditional lifestyle while Ho Chi Minh City’s urban landscape is best suited for luxury travellers. You can also explore the best of both worlds as domestic flights between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are available on a daily basis.
Is Halong Bay cruise worth it?
There are caves, secret lagoons, and sea gypsies. Despite all the negatives, I wouldn’t hesitate in saying that Halong Bay is 100% worth it. That said, I think your experience will vary hugely based on the areas you visit, the times you go, the number of days you visit for and the type of tour you book.
How much does it cost to go to Halong Bay?
The Halong Bay entry fee is US$13 per person for a day cruise and US$25 for an overnight cruise. This is generally included in your ticket, though it’s worth double-checking for the cheapest cruises. Activities like kayaking and island bike rides may cost extra.
Should I stay overnight in Halong Bay?
Overnight on a cruise is considered the best place to stay in Halong Bay. You can spend all night long listening to the timeless sound of splashing waves as you find yourself facing a blue shimmering sea. Obviously this is also the most romantic way to spend your night in Halong Bay.
What should I not miss in Hanoi?
16 Things to Do in Hanoi That You Can’t Miss [Updated]
- 1.1 Visit the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long.
- 1.2 Attend a Cooking Class.
- 1.3 Go on a Free Walking Tour.
- 1.4 Watch a Water Puppet Theatre Performance.
- 1.5 Food Trip Around Hanoi.
- 1.6 Sightsee Around the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum.
- 1.7 Bike or Walk Around the Hoan Kiem Lake.
How do you get from Hanoi to Halong Bay?
From Hanoi – Cat Ba – Ha Long Bay
- By train: Overall, the traveling hour is around 2- 3 hours/trip. …
- By bus. This is the cheapest option which costs about 2 – $3 only. …
- By taxi. It takes about 1h 30m to get to Hai Phong by taxi, quite the same time if you go by personal means of transport like a motorbike or private car.