There hasn’t been an eruption since the mid 1950s, but the island has the most number of volcanoes per square kilometer in the world. Population: 10. The Philippines welcomed its 100-millionth citizen on July 27, 2014, making the country the seventh most populated country in Asia and the 12th in the world.
What is an interesting fact about the Philippines?
Second largest archipelago in the world
With roughly 7,640 islands comprising the nation, the Philippines is considered the second-largest archipelago in the world. With a land area of about 300,000 square kilometers, it also exists as the fifth-largest island country.
What are three interesting facts about the Philippines?
Interesting Facts about the Philippines
- It’s home to the world’s longest underground river. …
- There are 175+ languages in the country. …
- It boasts three of the world’s largest shopping malls. …
- An island with more volcanoes than towns. …
- It’s the home of Asia’s first Basketball League.
What are 5 facts about Philippines?
5 facts about the Philippines you probably did not know
- The Philippines is the world’s largest exporter of coconuts.
- Three of the 10 largest shopping malls in the world are found in the Philippines. …
- The national symbol of the Philippines is the Philippine Eagle.
What is Philippines best known for?
The Philippines is known for having an abundance of beautiful beaches and delicious fruit. The collection of islands is located in Southeast Asia and was named after King Philip II of Spain.
Why is the Philippines so beautiful?
But its pristine beaches are among the main reasons why travelers across the world and the top 10 countries that love Philippines list the country among the world’s best islands. … Bantayan Island in Cebu also amazes tourists in so many ways. The island offers fresh air, calming sound of the waves, and cerulean waters.
What is the rank of Philippines in the world?
With more than 100 million people, the Philippines is the 13th-most populous nation in the world.
What is the old name of Philippines?
Spanish explorer Ruy López de Villalobos, during his expedition in 1542, named the islands of Leyte and Samar “Felipinas” after Philip II of Spain, then the Prince of Asturias. Eventually the name “Las Islas Filipinas” would be used to cover the archipelago’s Spanish possessions.
What is Philippines culture?
The culture of the Philippines comprises a blend of traditional Filipino and Spanish Catholic traditions, with influences from America and other parts of Asia. The Filipinos are family oriented and often religious with an appreciation for art, fashion, music and food.
How old is the Philippines?
Some 50 million years ago, the archipelago was formed by volcanic eruptions. About 30,000 years ago the earliest inhabitants had arrived from the Asian mainland, perhaps over land bridges built during the ice ages.
What is Philippines known for food?
50 dishes that define the Philippines
- Adobo. No list of Filipino food would be complete without adobo. …
- Lechon. The lechon is the most invited party guest in the Philippines. …
- Sisig. Candice Lopez-Quimpo. …
- Crispy pata. …
- Chicken inasal. …
- Taba ng talangka. …
- Pancit Palabok. …
Who named the Philippines?
The Philippines are named after King Philip II (1527-1598) of Spain. The country was discovered by the Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan in 1521 (while in Spanish service).
What language is spoken in the Philippines?
What should I avoid in the Philippines?
A: When traveling to the Philippines, here are some of the things you should avoid:
- Don’t insult the country or its people.
- Don’t disrespect your elders.
- Don’t use first names to address someone older.
- Don’t show much of your valuable things in public.
- Don’t get offended too easily.
- Don’t go without prior research.
Who is the most beautiful in Philippines?
20 most attractive Filipino actresses
- Marian Rivera. Spanish-Filipino commercial model and actress, Marian Rivera. …
- Anne Curtis. Filipino-Australian actress, model, television host, VJ and recording artist, Anne Curtis. …
- Angel Locsin. …
- Maja Salvador. …
- Carla Abellana. …
- Christine Reyes. …
- Kisses Delavin. …
- Kim Chiu.
What is the most famous in the Philippines?
What is the Philippines Most Famous For?
- Chocolate Hills.
- White Beach.
- Taal Volcano & Lake.
- The Historic City of Vigan.
- Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park.
- Baroque Churches of Philippines.
- Maria Cristina Falls.