Folk tales, epics, poems and marathon chants existed in most ethnic linguistic groups that were passed on from generations to generations through word of mouth.
What are the forms of literature in the Philippines?
The Literary Forms in Philippine Literature
- riddle or tigmo in Cebuano;
- bugtong in Tagalog.
- paktakon in Ilongo.
- patototdon in Bicol.
What are the 4 types of Philippine literature?
GENERAL TYPES OF PHILIPPINE LITERATURE
- PROSE. Consists of those written within the common flow of conversation in sentence and paragraphs. …
- POETRY. Refers to those expressions in verse, with measure and rhyme, line and stanza and has a more. …
- NARRATIVE POETRY. A.1 EPIC. …
- LRYRIC POETRY. …
What is the first literary form in the Philippines?
The early inhabitants of the Philippine archipelago had a native alphabet or syllabary which among the Tagalogs was called baybayin, an inscription akin to Sanskrit. It was through the baybayin that literary forms such as songs, riddles and proverbs, lyric and short poems as well as parts of epic poems were written.
What are examples of literary forms?
- Drama. Stories composed in verse or prose, usually for theatrical performance, where conflicts and emotion are expressed through dialogue and action.
- Fable. …
- Fairy Tale. …
- Fantasy. …
- Fiction. …
- Fiction in Verse. …
- Folklore. …
- Historical Fiction.
How can you describe Philippine literature?
Philippine literature is literature associated with the Philippines from prehistory, through its colonial legacies, and on to the present. Pre-Hispanic Philippine literature was actually epics passed on from generation to generation, originally through an oral tradition.
What are the 4 types of literature?
The four main literary genres are poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and drama, with each varying in style, structure, subject matter, and the use of figurative language.
What are two major types of literature?
Literature can be classified into two main groups: Prose and poetry.
What are 2 major types of literature?
The two types of literature are written and oral. Written literature includes novels and poetry. It also has subsections of prose, fiction, myths, novels and short stories. Oral literature includes folklore, ballads, myths and fables.
What are the 7 Elements of Literature?
A literary element refers to components of a literary work (character, setting, plot, theme, frame, exposition, ending/denouement, motif, titling, narrative point-‐of-‐view).
Who is the father of Philippine literature?
|José García Villa|
|Born||August 5, 1908 Manila, Philippine Islands|
|Died||February 7, 1997 (aged 88) New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Occupation||Poet critic lecturer|
What are the three general divisions of Philippine literature?
What are the three general divisions of philippine literature?
- Poetry – written in stanzas and verse form.
- Prose – written paragraph form. …
- Oral Lore (ancient writings) and Pre-Colonial Era.
- During Colonialism.
- Under the Philippine Republic and Contemporary Era.
Who is the Prince of Philippine literature?
Tomás Pinpin was a printer, writer and publisher from Abucay, a municipality in the province of Bataan, Philippines, who was the first Philippine printer and is sometimes referred as the “Prince of the Filipino Printers.”
What are the elements of form in literature?
Elements of Form and Content: Summary
- Plot – organisation, structure, and sequence of events in a story/novel.
- Setting – the context and physical environment in which the story is set.
- Characters – imaginary people represented in a story.
- Language – the writer’s choice of words (language).
What are the 15 literary devices?
Here is a list of 15 literary devices to use in your writing.
- #1 – Allusion. No, this is not illusion, though the two can be confused with one another. …
- #2 – Diction. …
- #4 – Allegory. …
- #5 – Colloquialism. …
- #6 – Euphemism. …
- #7 – Flashbacks. …
- #8 – Foreshadowing. …
- #9 – Imagery.
What are the three forms of literature?
These sub-genres stem from the three primary forms of literature: Poetry, Drama, and Prose. Students will typically encounter these forms of literature for most of what they read and write about in school, so it’s important for students to be able to recognize them and know their key characteristics.