What are the different types of radio Programmes?
Types of Radio Programmes
1) Spoken word programmes, which include news bulletins, talks, discussions, interviews, educational programmes for schools and colleges, specific audience programmes directed at women, children, rural and urban listeners, drama, radio features and documentaries.
How many radio stations are there in the Philippines?
According to the National Telecommunication Commission (NTC), there are a total of 629 radio stations nationwide as of 1997, of which, 330 are AM stations and 399 are FM radio stations. Luzon has the most number of total AM and FM radio stations, 257 (123 AM and 134 FM).
What are the top 10 radio stations in the Philippines?
The List of Top 10 Radio Stations in the Philippines:
- 96.3 WRocK.
- Barangay LS 97.1.
- Play FM Live.
- ABN Radio FM.
- 106.3 Hot FM.
- 882 DWIZ.
- 90.3 Energy FM.
- 702 DZAS Radio.
How many radio programs are there?
With a network of 262 radio stations, AIR today is accessible to almost the entire population of the country and nearly 92% of the total area.
What are the two types of radio?
Here are six of the most important types of radios.
- AM Radio. AM radio stands for amplitude modulation, and it’s one of the oldest types of wireless broadcasting. …
- FM Radio. Many people who listen to the radio in their car listen to FM radio. …
- Shortwave Radio. …
- Satellite Radio. …
- Ham Radio. …
How can I make my radio show interesting?
Present Great Radio
- Know Your Listener. Understand everything about your audience; why they listen to you, when they listen, what they listen on. …
- Make Your Listener Care. …
- Talk to ONE Person. …
- Be in Charge. …
- Learn The Rules, Then Break Them! …
- Make The Mic Your Mate. …
- Be Yourself.
Which is better AM or FM?
The difference in the way AM and FM radio signals are encoded means differences in sound quality, performance, and broadcast range between the two types of station. This explains why FM stations sound better than AM stations, but AM stations can be heard from further away.
Who is the owner of FM radio in Philippines?
|89.1 FM||Wave 89.1||Blockbuster Broadcasting System|
|89.9 FM||Magic 89.9||Quest Broadcasting|
|90.7 FM||90.7 Love Radio||Manila Broadcasting Company / Cebu Broadcasting Company (Love Radio Network)|
|91.5 FM||91.5 Win Radio||Mabuhay Broadcasting System / ZimZam Management|
What is difference between AM and FM?
1. In AM, a radio wave is known as the “carrier” or “carrier wave” is modulated in amplitude by the signal that is to be transmitted. … In FM, a radio wave is known as the “carrier” or “carrier wave” is modulated in frequency by the signal that is to be transmitted.
What are the Top 10 FM radio stations?
Top 10 U.S. Radio Stations
- KBIG-FM 104.3 MYFM – Los Angeles – 4,057,200.
- KOST-FM 103.5 – Los Angeles – 3,661,600.
- WCBS-FM 101.1 – New York – 3,591,800.
- KRTH-FM K-EARTH 101 – Los Angeles – 3,071,200.
- WBMP-FM 92.3 AMP Radio – New York – 3,000,500.
- KAMP-FM 97.1 AMP Radio – Los Angeles – 2,965,100.
What is the number one radio station in the Philippines?
Magic 89.9 FM
This station is most known for playing the best, most popular, and current music here and around the world.
Where can I listen to radio in Philippines?
Top Philippines Radio Stations
- Wish 107.5 FM.
- Yes FM Manila 101.1.
- Mellow 94.7 FM.
- DZMB Love Radio 90.7 FM.
- DYRK 96.3 WRocK.
- 97.9 Home Radio.
- DWRK 96.3 Easy Rock.
- Love Pinoy Radio.
What are jingles in radio?
A jingle is a short song or tune used in advertising and for other commercial uses. Jingles are a form of sound branding. … Ad buyers use jingles in radio and television commercials; they can also be used in non-advertising contexts to establish or maintain a brand image.
What is a terrestrial radio station?
In terrestrial radio broadcasting the radio waves are broadcast by a land-based radio station, while in satellite radio the radio waves are broadcast by a satellite in Earth orbit. … Television broadcasting is a separate service which also uses radio frequencies to broadcast television (video) signals.
What are the common types of microphones used in a radio studio?
Types of Microphones & Their Uses in Radio
- Dynamic. Dynamic mics are used in music performances. …
- Capacitor/Condensor. Capacitor mics are the classic radio studio mics. …
- Electret. Electret mics are small and portable. …
- Carbon. Carbon mics are little-used in radio studios. …
- Ribbon. Ribbon mics were used in the beginning of the 20th century. …